Thursday, April 12, 2012

Today is for Abby


This very beautiful girl, Abby, was born with the same heart defect as I was, Tetralogy of Fallot. You can read her story HERE. Monday she was listed for a heart transplant. Her family got "THE" call this morning! She should have her new heart this afternoon.

I found her on facebook a year and a half ago. Her wonderful mom, Nicole, set up a facebook page Abby's Perfect Broken Heart, before she had open heart surgery. I instantly found my heart bonded to hers. She did remind me of Little Joanie, only more outgoing as she faces life. She acts and sings. She is the big sister to five (yes 5!) little brothers.

I made her the quilt in this picture. It was I way I could give her my love and to hug her everyday.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today. Also, please think and pray for the family that gave her the most precious gift of all. Like her facebook page and give her your good wishes. Go to fb link

I can't even be bothered, be nervous, or worried about my upcoming surgery when I have this incredible girl to inspire me everyday. I love you Abby! I am going to come see you after I have my surgery and we will be able to RUN together!

1 comment: