Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Now It's Real



I just scheduled my Heart Cath. Now it's real. It's not something I'm just talking about. I'm really moving forward with the plan. So on April 17th I will know which surgery I am facing.


This feels so different from when I got my AICD. That all happened quickly and no time to think. 


Now there is a date with two weeks to think about it. I never faced a heart cath without my Mom by my side. My mom, who drove me to every single cardiologist appointment my first 20 years. She rented a cabin so I could go to my 6th grade camp when the school wouldn't let me go. My mom, who stayed in a crappy motel for two weeks when I had my Open Heart Surgery. The list is long, but you get the idea.




Don't get me wrong. My family and friends are wonderful and supportive. I know they will be there and do anything I need. 




But right now, I want my Momma.



Billie Jean Carter Gier 9/5/30 - 5/24/02

3 comments:

  1. Mommas make everything better. I'm sorry she isn't here to hold you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, by following through from Abby's. Your heart cath should over, and I want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm also a ToF patient (18 years on a porcine valve this month!), and I know the fear of waiting for a decision/course to be decided. I can understand wanting your Mom. My mom slept on a recliner in the room with me when I had my valve replacement...I had no idea how comforting that was until I wound up in the hospital for something else, and she wasn't able to come up to stay.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara. Looking at the time, I think you wrote this as I was having my Cath. So I will be having Open Heart Surgery in about 6 weeks. It feels great to hear from other TOF adults. I had no idea how many needed pulmonary valve surgery. And how encouraging it is to hear how well they do after.

      Delete