Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Start Today for the New Future

Since I am facing Heart Surgery in the next couple of months, I'm going focus on eating healthy, cleaning out the clutter in my mind and house, and letting go of some baggage.




So, here I sit sipping my Green Tea without sugar, enjoying the smell coming from the oven where tomatoes, red sweet peppers, carrots, onions, and garlic are roasting, thinking about my future. The veggies will be soup for dinner.


Diet wise, I going to start with NO white sugar, flour, and rice. Timing to start this could be excellent as Jim is going to Vegas for 4 days. I can clean out the frig and the pantry, hit up Sprouts, Trader Joe's and the Farmer's Market. I also warned my friends on facebook the may be getting goody baskets because I can't give up baking.


Clutter, actual physical clutter is my biggest and most annoying vice. Something I have attempted to give up for my entire adult life. I have stupid, sentimental attachments to too many things. I now have such an exciting future ahead of me I need to really to be free of it. Peter Walsh, I need you!


Then there is the mental clutter. I am going to give up getting caught up in all those stupid facebook debates. My husband and my son get caught up in some dozy back and forth posts. When someone posts things that aren't true I will resist the urge to educate. I admit I get so irritated when people disrespect our President, and I try not to respond. So, if you post something that involves politics or religion and I don't "like" it, it probably means I literally don't like it. ;p (winking, sticking out my tongue).


Baggage. Letting go of those things from the past that just weigh on my mind and heart. There is one relationship in my life that is not what I want it to be. I've tried, but it just doesn't work. I'm giving my self permission to let go. I have plenty of people that want to be in my life and I am no longer going to worry about someone who doesn't.

3 comments:

  1. Cheers to that! Health lifestyles are good. I need to purge our pantry too. I should never let your son buy snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was worried you were going to say you were purging fabrics...;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost mentioned that my fabric stash was exempt.

      Delete